Ice Cool, the first flicking game with pieces that curve and jump, will be presented at Toy Fair in New York on February 18 – 21. At the core of Ice Cool are two big innovations – the box-in-a-box setup and special flicking techniques.
Since its launch in June 2016, the game has already received six awards:
- UK Games Expo Award 2016 as the Best Children’s Game 2016
- Silver Award in the Game Expo Player Award category at the Imagination Gaming Family & Education Games Awards 2016
- 2016 Game Of The Year Award in the Kids Action Games category at Creative Child Awards
- Major Fun Award
- Seal of Excellence from Tom Vasel at The Dice Tower
- Selected among TOP 100 Best Children’s Products and among Top 10 Best Games within Dr. Toy’s 100 Best Children’s Products Award Program for 2016
Ice Cool was also announced the most-played children’s game of 2016 according to BoardGameGeek.com and nominated for ToyAward 2017 at Spielwarenmesse in Nuremberg. The game is created by Brain Games. The multiple award-winning game has already 13 international editions, it is translated in 20 languages and distributed in more than 30 countries.
“This is one of those games that, when I saw demoing it for the very first time, I said, ‘I must have this game.’ I love the concept, especially going from one room to another. It’s super fun! I love this game. I love the board. I love that this is a box – everything here fits in the box, but when you set it up, it’s a really cool board,” said Tom Vasel of The Dice Tower.
Ice Cool is a children’s game for 2 to 4 players ages 6 and up and takes approximately 30 minutes to play. It takes you to an undisclosed penguin school, where rascal penguins have decided to skip class and sneak some fish. But not so fast – the hall monitor is on their tails! The idea is to catch a fish or a penguin. The winner is the player with the most points on their fish cards. The special method of flicking penguins creates a whole new bag of tricks – players can make the penguin pieces slide, curve and jump, as you can see in the video. Another innovation is the new ‘box-in-a-box’ board concept that allows creating an immersive 3D game board in a minute.
Apart from Ice Cool, Brain Games is launching three children’s games at the fair: Yoo-Hoo, King Frog, Reef Route. All three games will be available in the US market from summer 2017.
- Yoo-Hoo is a fun game about 4 small garden dwarves who go down the slide-elephant and land into the sandbox to collect colorful toys left by children. The game is for 2 to 4 players from 3 years and up and it takes about 20 minutes to play.
- Reef Route is a thrilling game about the life in ocean where you help small tropical fish to travel on their chosen route to the reef where they can stay safe from predators. The game is for 2 to 4 players from 5 years and up and it takes about 15 minutes to play.
- King Frog is a fast game about frogs moving around the pond and trying to remain in the game for as long as possible and land on the right space to be chosen the king of frogs. Spatial thinking, clever planning and a little bit of luck make King Frog an engaging game for 2 to 4 players from 7 years and up and it takes about 15 minutes to play.