Muppets Select Series 2 Featuring Bunson, Beeker, Statler and Waldorf, and Animal (Rock and Roll!)
Muppets Select started something exceptional last year with their series 1 introduction of Kermit, Scooter, Fozzie, Gonzo, Kamila, Robin and Bean Bunny. This year, we get series 2 featuring Bunson, Beeker, Statler, Waldorf, and Animal. Thanks to Diamond Select Toys, the litlgeeks and MUReview have hands onthis exceptional figure series, and we are so excited to share them with you!
Bunson and Beeker
- Bunson has his glasses molded on….THANK YOU! Scooter from series 1 was awesome, but his glasses were not permanently attached, and I’m very lucky to still have them!
- This little melon headed Muppet is perfectly captured in plastic form. He’s a 1 for 1 replication and the Robin is a tough cookie to get to stand and his limited articulation make it hard to pose him for sitting.
- Included accessories are perfectly science fitted and all appreciated with fine detail.
- Beeker is also perfectly captured, the lumpy socked ankles, the lab coat, the half open mouth.
- Beeker’s hair is absolutely perfect.
- It should be noted, Beeker’s mouth doesn’t open further, so don’t try to move it, you could break it!
- For some reason, our figures had stands with feet pegs….neither Bunson or Beeker have feet peg holes.
Statler and Waldorf
- The two greatest curmudgeons the world has ever known shrunk down to Select Scale and perfectly captured as usual!
- Up until the next set of bullets, these are my two favorites Muppet Select figures, perfectly captured in every way.
- Sturdy figures.
- Easily poseable, with great tight joints.
- The included balcony set is meticulous, fits together perfectly, fits the gang just right.
- It’s rare that a character with a chair can actually sit in the chair. I feel like Diamond Select Toys put extra effort into ensuring that the rest state of these two fuddy duddies was nailed, and it was!
- It is important to note, with these figures, the mouths look like they might be articulated, they aren’t, so don’t try to move them to avoid breakage!
- In case you were wondering, the packaging is a little different. I picked up Animal separately from Toys R Us. The shipping time lines didn’t match up, and I wanted this to be a complete series review. I’m telling you, I’m so glad I did.
- Animal is bar none the most fantastic Muppets Select figure made. It ranks very high on all time favorite figures as well!
- He has an articulated mouth!
- The drum kit is so incredibly detailed! Look at that paint!
- Animal is a very well balanced figure, which is saying something with his noggin.
- He’s Animal, soup to nuts. I love this figure!
The second series of Muppet Select figures picks up right where the first series left off, bringing us the most iconic Muppet characters in the beautifully designed, Select scale action figure format. NYCC is coming up soon, so the excitement is going to be what’s next, and I can’t wait to see it!
Big Bad Toy Store has the whole second series for purchase. You should always scout your local comic shop too!
The Group Pictures
This video and post is for entertainment purposes only. | Toys in this post are recommended for ages 6 and up. | litlgeeks received the products in this post for free to review for you!